I have this friend whose makeup is always flawless. She can pull of an array of looks and manages to suit all of them! Serious style crush! So obviously I called on her to share her top tips with me to pulling off a bold coloured eye!!
This look is seriously on point and can take you to full on glam in an instant. I got the low down on her product choices and I had a go. Here are all the details.
● First of all prime your face using Rimmel fix & perfect pro multi-action – all over with plenty on your eyes. This definitely prolongs the wear of you make up and avoids it settling in any creases or visible pores.
● For the eyes, use the base colour in the smokey eye trio by Bourjois, shade 01 Gris Dandy. A subtle shade is a good base. Then pick out the inner corner with your bold colour and sweep across to the centre, the pink used here is Seventeen eye shadow in magenta. Use a soft blending brush to build up to the colour pop you require. Then use a strong black shadow, from your Bourjois trio. Blend from the outer corner and use a round blending brush to combine. You can sweep a little onto your lower lid and can add dimension with this shading.
● Eye liner is essential for this look. For your top lid Bourjois liner Feature Felt Tip Liner, shade 11 noir. And lower lash line Benefit Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in black. I find the felt tip liner to be incredibly easy to use but others have said it took a bit of getting used to. Keep your eyes closed for a few moments after applying the felt tip liner to avoid smudging.
● Lashes are bold to compliment this look, so Soap and Glory Thick Fast High Deifinition Collagen-Coat is perfect it provides a high impact lash effect that shows off even the tiniest of lashes, no clumping and is gentle on your lashes with no heaviness. Used is shade Film Noir.
● For the rest of the face a Mac Studio Fix fluid no15 was applied using a dome topped foundation brush. (I still use my fingers when applying foundation because I can’t get the finish I like with any brushes I’ve tried so far. Use what you are comfortable with). Under eye concealer is dabbed on problem areas using fingertips, then blended in with a foundation brush. Mac Pro Longwear concealer no20 is also used to disguise any dark spots and freckles.
● Contour/highlighter: Sleek Highlighting Palette in shade ‘Cleopatras Kiss’. This is something that definitely makes the world of difference. A few attempts experimenting and I was suddenly pulling off a glow not seen for twenty years! A fabulous way to enhance your look.
● Lips – Mac Lustre shade Syrup
● Mac mineralize Skin Finish powder in shade medium help take away any shine then a spritz of Superdrug vitamin E Hydrating mist gets rid of the powdery look and finishes off your transformation!
What do you think? Are you a lover of a bold eye?
I’m a big lover of Mac makeup and it’s clear to see that my friend is too. But with so many fantastic high street adaptions you could pull of this look on a budget. Avon do a fantastic finishing powder and ELF have a bargain contour and highligting palette that surpasses all expections. Also get thee to Poundworld where the best beauty steal is to be found! Miss Beauty XXL Volume mascara is one of the best I have tried. It can compete with the best high end products I have come across. You can try it yourself for £1, what have you got to lose?!
How do you prefer to apply your foundation? Let me know your top products!
With style credit and thanks to Mhari Gillespie.